- The design of our double acting actuators minimizes height and maximizes thrust.
- Force = supply pressure * area
- Area = .7854 * (piston diameter)^2
- In order to double the force for a given pressure, you need only to increase the diameter by a factor of 1.41.
- This design is superior to a tandem or a stacked cylinder design where the same increase in force would require increasing the effective piston diameter by a factor of 2. This requires more material which increases the price.
- Actuate any rising stem valve
- Fails in place
- Precision machined steel cylinder heads maintain linearity
- External, adjustable travel stops, easy to reach, no leaking
- Piston rod to valve stem coupling design for easy removal and maintenance
Linear Pneumatic Double Acting Actuator
<img class=”alignnone wp-image-2447″ src=”/wp-content/uploads/ATI-Logo_RJ-Vectorize-01.png” alt=”” width=”143″ height=”99″ />
<h4><strong>Linear Pneumatic Double Acting Actuator</strong></h4>
L series actuator is perfect for control valves. With smooth operation from speeds as slow as .012 inches per second to as fast as 12 inches in less than a second. For anti-surge applications and other high speed applications, a cushion design is incorporated inside the piston cylinder assembly. The adaptable nature of ATI’s design allows you to automate valves in place without shutting the plant down. ATI’s pneumatic actuators can accommodate a broad spectrum of valve applications from very high to very low thrust requirements.
- Bore Size: 4" thru 44"
- Stroke: 1" thru 22"
- Maximum Working Pressure: 150 psi
- Static Pressure Test: 225 psi
- Thrust: 500 lbs to 50,000 lbs
- Temperature Range:
- Standard -40º F to 200º F
- Low Temp -65º F to 200º F
- High Temp -20º F to 400º F